Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Night time

Mason,
It has been about a week since your night time light bulb turned on. You have been going to sleep around 10:30 and not waking to eat until 3:00-4:00 in the morning, then waking again 3-4 hours later for your first feeding. 

Our night time ritual begins with you eating around 9:30, then a bath (3 nights a week), diaper and pajamas, then a story. Once you start getting fussy, I will turn off the lamp and sing to you until you get tired. Then I will lay you down still awake and you fall asleep all by yourself! Daddy and I are super proud of you. Because I have been going to sleep within 30 minutes, I have been getting about 4-4 1/2 hours of consecutive sleep! Daddy and I wonder what did it for you. Age? Temperature turn down? Lavendar room scent? Who knows, but who cares. We are all sleeping better and could not be more thankful. 

In other news, you are talking and smiling up a storm. I wish my eyes were a camcorder because I can never grab it fast enough! My eyes get all teary when you look at me and smile and start gabbing (so the camcorder would be broken anyway). You are so much fun to play with!

Talk to you later,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment