Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flashback to my pregnancy

Mae,

Last night was rough! Your gas was horrible and you slept in bed with Daddy and I. Speaking of gas, I should have known you were going to have it since you gave it to me when I was pregnant with you. Gas, miserable heartburn (that we mistook for a heart condition it was so bad), and constantly having to use the bathroom were the only issues I had when pregnant with you. Sure, sleeping on my left side was rough and finding maternity clothes that fit was entertaining, but overall my pregnancy was very benign. I gained about 25 pounds but really didn't start showing until about 24 weeks. 
I could feel you kick around 15 weeks and Daddy could feel you for the first time on my birthday when we were 20 weeks along. You loved church, Mason. You would wake up and "dance" while the music was playing. During the message, you would kick almost the whole time. You loved to kick me and I loved it too! The only time I didn't was when your little piggys would kick my ribs. Ow! 
I was an ultrasound freak! Below is you at 17 weeks.
 











I loved seeing you and didn't care what it cost. We had our first ultrasound at 4 1/2 weeks since I was cramping. That was the scariest ultrasound ever...there were 2 sacs! By the time we had our second ultrasound 2 weeks later, you, looking like a piece of rice, were the only baby inside me. We had so many ultrasounds, I can't even remember when they all were off hand! For Father's Day, I took Daddy to a special ultrasound place so we could find out what sex you were. I really thought you were a girl (sorry) and Daddy wanted a boy so we were THRILLED to find out we were having a boy. Side note, you just passed the loudest, longest gas in your swing! 
About 24 hours before we met you!


















Anyway, you are really starting to get big and look like a baby, not an infant. Your little personality is coming out and I have a funny feeling you are going to give us a run for our money!

Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment