Friday, January 8, 2010

Flashback to when we found out we were in labor!


Mason,
So you may not have been happy in the above picture but your Mommy and Daddy were! Delivering you was one of the greatest experiences I will ever have. Your labor show us that you wanted to meet us just as bad as we wanted to meet you. Here is the story, Wee One...

Tuesday, the two of us went to the doctor because I was cramping. The doctor decided to check to see how far along I was in the early labor process. Turns out I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor said, ""well, I'll see you next week." I said, "of course because I come to see you every week." He proceeded to point toward the hospital and say, "no, over there." I was a bit stunned because we were only 37 1/2 weeks. For the remainder of the week, I had what I believed to be contractions (I had no clue). On Wednesday, Dad
dy and I went to Scalinis for their eggplant since it a rumor that it brings on labor within 48 hours (I ate my leftovers on Friday so we kinda did). 

Then comes Saturday night. We choose La Parilla for dinner since my principal advised me that spicy food may also induce labor. Well...once we got home, I noticed the contractions were coming more frequently. I timed them and they weren't consistent and I wasn't in any pain at all so I figured it was false labor. Daddy was completing the fini
shing touches on the hardwood floors when I decided to hit the hay. While in the bathroom, I noticed I was bleeding substantially so I called Daddy upstairs. He advised we call the doctor who advise we come in to the hospital to make sure all was good. Since we didn't see the urgency, we finished packing our hospital bag and changed clothes. I remember singing in the car on the way. Still in no pain at all (1:00 am). 
After watching Daddy sleep and waiting an hour in the waiting room since they were full, we were sent to the area where they decide to admit you or not. At that point, my contractions seemed like they were 4 minutes apart but since I was still in no pain, I knew, as well as Daddy, that we were going to be sent home. WRONG! 4 cm dilated, fully effaced, with a bulging bag...we were in labor! 

Contractions 3 minutes apart
Right when we found out we were going to have you that day

No comments:

Post a Comment