Friday, January 8, 2010

Flashback to your delivery















Mason,
Now this was the fun part. Not being sarcastic!

I received the epidural about 45 minutes after I was admitted and it was a piece of cake. Your Grammy, Pop, and Aunt Kimmy arrived very shortly after we called to to them (2:30 am) and at that point, they decided we should get some sleep since we never did sleep (3:30 am). Since I wasn't sleeping, the nurse went ahead and started me on Pitocin and when that only got me from 4 cm to 6 cm, she called the doctor in to break my water. Dr. Ruffin (Mommy's favorite!) told me that first babies take longer but that she hoped I delivered before she went off call at 7:00 that night. Well, Mommy went from 6 cm to 9 cm in about an hour and from 9 cm to 10 cm in about 30 minutes. So about 8:30 after I told the nurse I wanted to push, I got the go ahead. 


Mommy was in no pain. There was a window in our room and the sun had just come up and it was a beautiful fall day. The nurses, doctor, Daddy, and I were laughing and smiling and I remember saying as I was pushing, "this is actually fun." I know I am very blessed to have had it so easy. Dr. Ruffin came in around 9:15 and you were delivered at 9:25. I admit, your head coming out made me feel like I was on fire but it was only more of an incentive to get you out of there (sorry if TMI). I got to hold you for only a second since you were so tiny. In fact the first thing I said to you was, "he is so tiny." 
Seeing you for the first time was magical. I couldn't believe the baby I had talked about and dreamed about having my whole life was finally here. This is his body, his eyes. These are the noises and faces he makes. You were just as amazing then as you are now!

Love always,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment