Thursday, May 5, 2011

If I could be anywhere in the world...

I would go to New Jersey.


Mason,


I have had the same answer to that question since I was born. Throughout school in essays and even just the other day at work, I was asked If you could be anywhere in the world...I would vividly describe the smell, the experience, and the overwhelming warmth I have always felt when being there. By there, I mean my Grammy and Pop's house. I could go on and on and completely talk you ear off like I did to Daddy one night a few months ago about all the specifics.


Your great Grammy and Pop are second parents to me. I can't even describe how much I love, respect, and appreciate them. Gram, A.K., and I (sometimes Pop) would go to NJ every summer for over a month and we would have more fun each visit. I really hope Daddy (who has never been to my magical place) and I can take you up there next summer and you can experience the lake, the Jersey shore, the fabulous food at the old people restaurants, Willow and Encore, coloring at the kitchen table, and if your lucky, get tucked in by Pop (check!). 


Over spring break, a lot of health issues surface with the G and P. Grammy had a minor stroke and Pop's hip replacement completely crumbled. Both G and P had surgery today. Grandmother Mimi headed up to NJ to be with her parents, brother, and sisters. Praise God both G and P's surgeries went well. Seriously. Praise God. Hopefully they can even grace us with their presence over the summer!


You are so blessed, Mason, to have two magical places with amazing grandparents right around the corner. I know your Grandmother Mimi is looking forward to the day when you have more pictures of her and Pop in the house then of you and your wife (we do!). Can't wait to take you up over the summer!


Your great grammy and pop love you SO much! Seriously you get a card for all holidays (even the tiny ones) and sometimes just for the hell of it just so they can remind you of how much they adore you. I know seeing ahh ahh and pop would make you so happy!


If I could be anywhere in the world tonight, I would be in New Jersey.


Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment